RUKGROUP Commercial Director, Simon Marsden, decided to take on the 145 mile Football to Amsterdam Challenge earlier this June raising over a staggering £4000 for Prostate Cancer UK!
Football to Amsterdam is an annual bike ride held in June, supported by teams from football clubs and fans across the country, including football stars such as Les Ferdinand, Alan Smith and Terry Butcher.
Simon cycled 145 miles over two days starting on the 9th June 2017 from Barnsley Football Club heading south east along the beautiful Dearne Valley, then North to Doncaster and on to Hull ready for the overnight ferry to the Netherlands. He then cycled through the Netherlands along the specially made cycle tracks to finish at the famous Ajax Stadium.
The race raised over £600,000 in total taking into account all other teams taking part. The aim was not only to raise money but also to raise awareness of Prostate Cancer.
UK FACTS ABOUT PROSTATE CANCER
- Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men
- Over 46,000 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer every year – that’s 128 men every day
- Every hour one man dies from prostate cancer – that’s more than 11,000 men every year
- 1 in 8 men will get prostate cancer in their lifetime
- Over 330,000 men are living with and after prostate cancer
For further information and advice from Prostate Cancer UK, please visit https://prostatecanceruk.org/
To make a donation to Prostate Cancer UK via Simons fundraising page please visit https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/anthonymarsden