In the 1960s Irworth or “Yor” as he was known locally in Oswestry began subsidising his farm labourers income by collecting animal feedbags from local farmers and selling them on to North West based paper mills. As this grew Yor invested in his first paper baler and quickly signed his first major contract with Dairy Crest based in Wem.
Over the next 10 years the business expanded and quickly outgrew its home at Chapel House before moving to the Cambrian Works in Oswestry in 1976.
A further relocation was required to cater for the businesses growing client base and in 2000 Oswestry Waste Paper moved to a purpose built recycling facility at Mile Oak Industrial Estate.
From here Oswestry Waste Paper service an extensive client portfolio with a fleet of modern vehicles delivering and collecting over 300 skips and 1200 tonnes of paper and plastic each week.